Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rite of passage

A rite of passage is a ritual event that marks a person's progress from one status to another. It is a universal phenomenon which can show anthropologists what social hierarchies, values and beliefs are important in specific cultures. Rites of passage are often ceremonies surrounding events such as other milestones within puberty, coming of age, marriage and death. Initiation ceremonies such as baptism, confirmation and bar or bat Mitzvah are considered important rites of passage for persons of their respective religions.

That above is what Wikipedia says about a Rite of Passage....

To me its more.....its not a big event ...its nothing that I need invite the neighborhood  to.....it wont cost me an arm and a leg to host.....its nothing I need explain to Bip or Bop.

Its bigger then marriage, easier to explain than puberty, there is no cost to it, and it wont kill them.....

Every kids does it, some do it alone, some need some help..... To some its scary to others its a walk in the park.....

I don't remember doing it as a kid but I'm told by my mother I did my dad taught me .....

My brothers did it to.... they where pretty good at it and would hide from me for hours .....

It's something I wasn't sure Bip or Bop would ever do....

Bip is so fearful of most things that he has never tried..... in his mind he has done it a thousand time and each time he does it he does it so well he is the Master of it ....

Bop will openly admit that she cant do something, but she has no fear and will give anything a go at lest once.

So the Rite of Passage .....is.... Drum Roll Please

 Tree Climbing...... and Bip and Bop can now scale the trees like experts ...no more in my imagination I can do it  all...no more I cant do that..... They have conquered the tree in the backyard with grace and style.....







rrsahm

FollowFriday on two.become.four


2 comments: