Saturday, July 3, 2010

Duh Mommy !!

Our new reading tent came today, its all part of our therapy .....

Out therapist had told me that I needed to bring a closeness between me and the children, almost taking them back to being babies.

This can be hard when they are six and nine ......

I mean Im not gonna get in the tub with Bip, I can snuggle with him but when I do Bop wants a slice of the action, and visa verse, its hard......

So she had me think of something that you would do with a toddler.... I like the fact that she makes me think ..she never gives me the answer unless I get the answer wrong, which I have been known to do....

Bedtime Stories ..came to mind

We elaborated on it and came up with our reading tent......

A place where we could cuddle, snuggle and I could read to them. A place full of cushions and nice soft soft blankets and throws...

A place we could go to any time of the day ..when the world looked like it may come crashing down on us we could retreat to our tent ......

Our safe place.....

And in theory it will works...

Well it would works if Mommy could get in the damn tent to.

Did my usual ... saw .... liked .... brought, forgot to look at the stupid size of it didn't I.... It's just not going to fit three of us at all.

Back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

  1. A reading tent sounds really wonderful. Children love to be in tiny, cosy spaces that are all their own or shared with their favourites. I'm tempted to erect one in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should...just make it big enough encase you want to get in there to lol

    ReplyDelete