Monday, July 19, 2010

Perfect Moment Monday: Summer Rain

I love Perfect Moment Monday, purely for the reason of there is so many of these moments in life and its wonderful to try and capture them.... 

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.
Once a week we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. 

Thank You  Lavender Luz at Weebles Woblog for hosting this each week ...it really is something I look forward to

I know i have already posted about this once (See Summer Rain) this week but really it was a perfect moment for many reasons.

Bop has always been deathly afraid of storms, even when there is no storm she will predicted one when she sees a black cloud, and this to be honest can be very annoying at times ..... it's like living with Mystic Meg.

So when the storm hit on Friday we all held our breaths and waited for her to kick of ..... and waited and waited.

She made a few comments like.

"Don't you think we should close the windows"
And
"Is that lightening getting closer"

Im not sure why she is so scared .... It's not like we only get them every now and again they are pretty frequent through the summer.

Friday for some reason unknown to us was diffrent for her she remained fairly calm as the storm came in and once it was over us she didnt seem to flinch a muscle ........ and then

I surgessted we went out to play in the rain once the lightening and thunder was in the distance and she AGREED.

This is a first and I was shocked, I have surgessted this more than once, and never efore has she taken me up on my offer.

Bop Splashing in Puddles

there are more photos of this moment read Summer Rain





9 comments:

  1. here from PMMs and I am overcome by your love for your kiddos. I know nothing about RAD but in just this post and picutres I can see how every little victory is a Success. This made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful. It is so cool that she overcame her fear to agree to play in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For such a small step, it was really a big step!

    I'm so glad you shared the story and the images with us. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice. I wonder why this storm was different. Or this day was different. It will give her a fun time to associate with storms. Maybe it'll be more fun for her next time.
    Cute boots. Life is just a boot full of cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...growing up...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you Ladies you leave such encouraging comments.... small steps big steps... different storm different day...I'm not sure what changed Im just glad it has.... another storm has just passed thru she was fine... break thru time I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those boots! I used to love splashing in puddles when I was a kid--so nice to see her enjoying the storm despite herself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Visiting from Weebles. I read youf "how three became four" and "So what is RAD". Very interesting and it helped me to understand your perfect moment that much more. So glad today was a better rainy day than the last! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The boots are adorable!

    Maybe there is a lesson here...which might be: Keep asking and don't think you know the answer...because you just might be surprised!

    Thanks for sharing your Perfect Moment!

    -- visiting from Weebles Wobblog!

    ReplyDelete