Monday, July 5, 2010

Perfect Moment Monday : Breakfast

Perfect Moment Monday is all about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.

You to can join in just hop on over to Weebles Wobblog the rules are simple ..... They have to be I'm participating.

Yesterday Morning, I had a spurt of inspiration, I told
the kids if they wanted breakfast ..... they had to come up an idea and cook it themselves.

Before you panic, and think I let the kids cook unsupervised, I did plan on helping, they stood in the kitchen for a few minutes when Bop announced she knew what they could have, she whispered it to Bip they agreed.

Whoa that doesn't happen much, the agreeing apart .....

They asked for a small bowl each and I frowned... wondering what they where going to do.... their shoes went on and of they went with their bowls...

We have fresh raspberries growing in our garden ....... a source of great delight for both Bip and Bop as they are total fruit freaks ........ I grab my cam
era and followed them out.


Bip and Bop getting breakfast


After they had picked raspberries, they came in.... I asked

" So whats for breakfast"
" Pancakes" they announced ......


So the games began ...... the kitchen was a mess ....whats new.... the kids where happy ...that is new ...... and breakfast was served without much hassle or arguing


Perfect










Don't forget to go check other Perfect Moments .......
and leave them a friendly hello :)



6 comments:

  1. Mmm, fresh raspberries...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable.
    And what a sweet memory for Bip and Bop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! Sometimes the little things make the biggest difference in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect in so many ways! Of course, RASPBERRIES, and fresh to boot. Getting along and agreeing (what's your secret!?). Initiative and creativity. And from you, the letting go and trusting in your kids to solve their hunger problem.

    What sweet girls, and what a wise mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That breakfast looks amaaaaazing! I LOVE fresh berries with pancakes, waffles, or french toast. Mmmmm...I'm getting hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for all your wonderful comments... it was an awesome morning... a brave move if i do say myself lol...
    Luz believe me when I say the agreeing moment was a rare one...lol

    ReplyDelete