Monday, July 12, 2010

With Book in Hand

I started a new book today and already its geared me up for the battle ahead....

Does that sound right the battle ahead...maybe it is the right thing to say I'm not sure.... but to be honest it feels like a battle ....
Battle of wills ...
Theirs against me ...
Like rage against the machine...

What they don't know is...while they are asleep mommy is reading a book ... and when they get up in the morning mommy will be well equipped to face the day again with them....

I'm almost excited for them to pull their normal, and I'm going to say it...
It's a word Ive been saying all day in my head....
Shit...
Their normal shit ....
I even said shit to my mom on the phone today and I never say shit like that to my mom .....
So enough with that ... Back to the book and the kids...
I'm on the bit that talks about being prepared to deal with problems .... problems like,
lies, unclear speech, the Why answer, the I don't know answer, the interrupting, dumb questions, useless chatter, the not answering, the arguing, not accepting responsibility, the whining.
Now I know your thinking but isn't this normal behavior in kids ... and yes it is but where normal is concerned its normal and can be dealt with pretty quickly ...

With RAD kids it's controlling behavior, and if I cant deal with it Im allowing them more power and more control.

The book gives me options on how to deal with all of the above.

Its had me laughing ... to the point of tears running down my face, my husband thinks Ive gone crazy .....Maybe I have ....
Maybe me going crazy will help my kids heal from this ...
Maybe he needs to come with me ....
The book also goes on to talk about the acting out, the urine issues (which by the way started again today) and food issues...all of which I sure need help on ......
The Book I'm reading is


Nancy where ever you are ... Thank-you, you just made waking up tomorrow morning something to look forward to.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. That's going to be your parenting bible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol ye i agree... i couldn't put it down last night....Im armed and ready to go !!!

    ReplyDelete