Tuesday, July 13, 2010

No Such Word as Can't !

So it was all change today....
Equipped with my new parenting Bible .... away we went.

Well everything was fine until It was Mommy's time to get a shower, do my hair and so one....
Tuesdays, we have to leave the house early so I can get Bip to class by 9.30am.

I told them both to get their reading books and read for 20minutes... (I have this showing, getting dressed and not looking a mess down to a T now.... 20 minutes and I have to say I look half decent) and I did state without talking....
They jabber to see who can control the conversation the longest, and believe me it turns into a fight cause in their minds someone has to win... to win means to control...

I'm not in the shower two minutes before they start, I step out and ask them to stop and read....

This happens three times, each time I give a simple warning saying if they can't read quietly then there would be a consequence to them disobeying me.
I get on with my shower the whole time they jabber away.

By the way I had sat them outside the bathroom and the door was open ....
Just in case your wondering if I have super sonic hearing.

So out the shower ... dressed and ready to go.....

"Bip, Bop outside please"
They follow me out to the yard.... I ignore their questioning...

I tell them both I want two laps from the car to the post .... Bip just does it ... Bop refuses

" I can't do that"
Very calmly I tell her she can.... she replies "You can't make me".... I tell her she is right, and that I'm not going to make her .... that she has to do this for herself.... and if it is that she is to weak to do two laps of the drive way ( this is no great distances by the way) then maybe she needs to go to her bed and rest until she is strong enough to do the laps....

The laps get done.
This pretty much goes on once we are back from Bip doing class....

She did some alone time.......
she refused to eat lunch .....she took a nap...
she jabbered through out the day ..... and the whole time I was cool calm and collected....

I heard her say to Bip at one point... "Is mommy OK she hasn't shouted at us all day"

She even nearly missed dinner...

Cause as soon as Hubby arrived home from work she really kicked off...
Normal everyday action .... but this time she was told to do laps...
She refused...

What started out as two lapped ended up as five she refused so many times...

Spent 20 minutes of alone time .... and was told again if she was to weak to do them she needed to go and rest.....

Again the laps got done...

With a great big hug at the end of it all.


1 comment:

  1. There's a parenting Bible...crap, I missed that...been winging it all this time...

    ReplyDelete