Thursday, December 2, 2010

There's a Rat in my Kitchen

Well not really a rat more like a field mouse...and its in my kitchen...for weeks Ive been saying to my husband there is a mouse in this house... he normally replies naw there isn't ....

Well there is I have the evidence I need today to prove it ..... and the flipping thing isn't scared of me nor the kids...who by the way as I'm writing this are on mouse duty .... until the man gets home and can catch it...


I had been painting to day and had thrown my tea bags on to the plate that had the paint on it plus a can lid from the gravy I had just used while cooking dinner...

I turn and there the thing is .... just licking the gravy of the lid.... I clap my hands and it shoots behind the counter.... and then low and behold its back ... this went on five times.... until I said to the kids stand guard..while I ring you dad.....

I'm not scared of mice neither are the kids...... we live in the middle of nowhere why would we be scared...but I really do object to it being in my kitchen....


Can you see it ... just munching away ....


and here are the kids on Mouse Duty .....

excuse the state of my kitchen ..... 

we had to move everything around to try to catch the thing... so far no such luck... ill let you know when we do

So this is me Flogging my blog...... but really wanting to flog a mouse if I could catch it 


rrsahm

5 comments:

  1. I had one of them in the kitchen once and I was really afraid that he would come upstairs. I am not afraid of mice but I just didn't want to get out of bed and step on it......eewwww! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every wet season we seem to get them moving in, especially because we go away then. One year we pulled everything out of the cupboards and they still came in, they were eating the cupboards themselves. It's depressing, they are so hard to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just popped in from the blog hop to express my sympathies. I have an evil mouse also.
    I wrote a blog about mine a couple of months ago, so feel free to use any of my eradicatin methods. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh!! We have a RAT - an honest to god giant dirty rat - that hangs around our deck and it just won't eat the pellets that LOML puts out for it. Makes my skin crawl. I hope your mouse is toast very soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so not a fan of mice.....this would freak me out, glad you are not crazy about them either! good luck, hope you catch the cheeky little things soon

    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete