Friday, June 25, 2010

The Road Ahead.

Its official, I'm a stay at home mom for the next 9 weeks.
Today was going to be my last day, but instead yesterday was. Longer story than I wish to type, but the out come is a good one, I'm now at home with Bip and Bop and that's where I need to be for this phase in my life and theirs. So today is a brand new day, the start of something new, something better. I'm quiet excited by it all cause its a challenge.
That's a big word Challenge when you look at what it really means,

A demand for explanation or justification; a calling into question: a challenge to a theory.

A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking: a career that offers a challenge.

To summon to action, effort, or use; stimulate: a problem that challenges the imagination.

All the above applies to our situation at the moment ...... but it is a challenge that I graciously except, and look forward to achieving and succeeding in.

This doesn't just mean changes to our life's but for the people who share parts of our life's with us, some will not welcome the changes that will happen over the next few months, some will also be challenged by the changes, some will have to adjust their attitudes towards Bip and Bop if they wish to be part of our life's. There are times Ive stayed quiet, when really I should have spoken up, there are times when Ive cringed at what people have said about or to Bip and Bop, but still Ive said nothing, not any more. Education will have to take place, for some, to be around Bip and Bop, people will need to fully understand what is going on in their life's and be willing to be part of a solution, and not be a bump in their path. I see the path as a long one, and if I were to say there will be no bumps I would only be kidding myself, but what I do see is a light at the end of the path, its bright, its welcoming, and I can't wait to get to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment